Answered Need help moving BF4 to ssd

Danbottomburp

Ex Member
Reaction score
Now i know it is possible to move my BF4 game over to my ssd , it is currently on my hdd as my SSD was full at time on install .
I have now cleared out a load of space on the SSD and want to move it over , i asked on the Battlelog forums but they were fighting amongst themselves on how best to do it , so i gave up on them and came here .

They mentioned "Steammover" and said it works with origin just fine .

Can someone explain step by step on how to achieve this please ?

Thanks
Dan

Can someone explain step by step on how to achieve this please ?

Everything you will ever need to achieve this is in this program....
GameSave Manager

Install it, go to steam spreader section and...

Capture.PNG

So i just move it to my C drive (SSD) and thats it ?
Origin will know where the game is ?

Yes the steam spreader program will create a symbolic link on it's original install location. Origin will think it's still installed on your old drive but will actually run it from your SSD.

Works a treat without any 3rd party programs.

Yes the steam spreader program will create a symbolic link on it's original install location. Origin will think it's still installed on your old drive but will actually run it from your SSD.

Brilliant , it found BF4 and i picked my SSD as target and its done it all on its own .

Respectable load times now instead of last man in :)

Thanks
Dan

How come you didn't uninstall and reinstall it on the ssd dude? It would have been a lot quicker and more simple :)

How come you didn't uninstall and reinstall it on the ssd dude? It would have been a lot quicker and more simple :)

A lot quicker ? ? I would have had to re download the whole thing which would have taken at least two hours.
Used that programme and it took 4 minutes maximum.

A lot quicker ? ? I would have had to re download the whole thing which would have taken at least two hours.
Used that programme and it took 4 minutes maximum.
Dude you said you asked on battlelog, from your original OP over there to finding the way to move it over to the ssd took you far more that two hours. A fresh install would be the simple solution.

Does it really take two hours for bf4 to install?

i havent said that at all . i said that they were arguing on how best to achieve it , so i came here instead ,

And to uninstall it i would then need to redownload it again which would take about two hours .

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom