(Need Help) Marantz NR1606 Firmware Update Stuck

rachs

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a problem while updating the firmware for my NR1606. It got stuck in the "update retry..." screen. Already tried the factory reset procedure in the manual by using mdax + zone2 source buttons, it showed "initialised" and various inputs and then back to the "update retry..." screen again. Can anyone help me?

Attachments

• 20211004_223356.jpg
    20211004_223356.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 227
You need a usb type firmware file to fix this problem I’m afraid. Some time ago, I’ve had Denon avr-x2300 with exactly the same problem. I was able to fix it, by doing usb fw update. Good luck with finding this file online. There is a reason, why Denon and Marantz have removed fw files from their websites ($$$$$)

You need a usb type firmware file to fix this problem I’m afraid. Some time ago, I’ve had Denon avr-x2300 with exactly the same problem. I was able to fix it, by doing usb fw update. Good luck with finding this file online. There is a reason, why Denon and Marantz have removed fw files from their websites ($$$$$)
Thank you. I suspected that too. It's so hard finding those files now.

I have an update for my problem. I tried resetting using zone2source+internetradio buttons as suggested by this old marantz help page. The display blink like it was said on the page then show various input then the update retry sign was gone.

But now i still can't do anything with it. The GUI won't show up on HDMI. Buttons on the remote that needs GUI like SETUP or OPTION also didn't respond. And there's no sound coming out from my receiver. Bluetooth and USB was detected but still no sound

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211005-025944_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211005-025944_Chrome.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 193
Thank you. I suspected that too. It's so hard finding those files now.

I have an update for my problem. I tried resetting using zone2source+internetradio buttons as suggested by this old marantz help page. The display blink like it was said on the page then show various input then the update retry sign was gone.

But now i still can't do anything with it. The GUI won't show up on HDMI. Buttons on the remote that needs GUI like SETUP or OPTION also didn't respond. And there's no sound coming out from my receiver. Bluetooth and USB was detected but still no sound
Did you ever get this solved? I have the exact same problem. I have connected it to my network via Ethernet and also connected it just to a computer monitor but still no feed to the monitor therefore I can’t use the setup menus to try and initiate. Firmware update

Just in case anyone else stumbles upon this I thought i would share the solution I found since I never saw a solution anywhere else on line. After resetting the receiver to factory settings, I connected my receiver directly to my router via ethernet to establish a network connection. I then downloaded the Marantz iOS app to my iPhone. Connected my phone to the receiver via Bluetooth. Usend the app to search for a firmware update and initiate the install on the receiver. Took about 40 minutes for the firmware update to install, but that fixed it. Reconnected the receiver to my home theater setup and thankfully all video and audio is now flowing again to my speakers and my ceiling projector.

Just in case anyone else stumbles upon this I thought i would share the solution I found since I never saw a solution anywhere else on line. After resetting the receiver to factory settings, I connected my receiver directly to my router via ethernet to establish a network connection. I then downloaded the Marantz iOS app to my iPhone. Connected my phone to the receiver via Bluetooth. Usend the app to search for a firmware update and initiate the install on the receiver. Took about 40 minutes for the firmware update to install, but that fixed it. Reconnected the receiver to my home theater setup and thankfully all video and audio is now flowing again to my speakers and my ceiling projector.

Nice share. Didn't know we can update the firmware via mobile apps. Mine was updated by my local marantz service center using their official usb stick

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom