(Need Help) Marantz NR1606 Firmware Update Stuck

rachs

Novice Member
I have a problem while updating the firmware for my NR1606. It got stuck in the "update retry..." screen. Already tried the factory reset procedure in the manual by using mdax + zone2 source buttons, it showed "initialised" and various inputs and then back to the "update retry..." screen again. Can anyone help me?

Attachments

• 20211004_223356.jpg
    20211004_223356.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 44

dobrykamil

You need a usb type firmware file to fix this problem I’m afraid. Some time ago, I’ve had Denon avr-x2300 with exactly the same problem. I was able to fix it, by doing usb fw update. Good luck with finding this file online. There is a reason, why Denon and Marantz have removed fw files from their websites ($$$$$)

rachs

Novice Member
You need a usb type firmware file to fix this problem I’m afraid. Some time ago, I’ve had Denon avr-x2300 with exactly the same problem. I was able to fix it, by doing usb fw update. Good luck with finding this file online. There is a reason, why Denon and Marantz have removed fw files from their websites ($$$$$)
Thank you. I suspected that too. It's so hard finding those files now.

I have an update for my problem. I tried resetting using zone2source+internetradio buttons as suggested by this old marantz help page. The display blink like it was said on the page then show various input then the update retry sign was gone.

But now i still can't do anything with it. The GUI won't show up on HDMI. Buttons on the remote that needs GUI like SETUP or OPTION also didn't respond. And there's no sound coming out from my receiver. Bluetooth and USB was detected but still no sound

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211005-025944_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211005-025944_Chrome.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 35

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom