Need help!Low light performance/buying advice.

Sorry your thread was going astray
The reason is that good low light performance is the holy grail of camcorders and the achilles heel of most consumer models
I dont know how good your Sony is but the current crop of budget or midrange models are a mixed bag for quality.
£500 is a lot of money but I suspect only on indiviual cases can any camcorder be endorsed
The JVC is not likely to be better , but I dont know if it is as good as your Sony
Which other models have caught your eye?

thanks a lot for your response:thumbsup:

like most people on here the choice is doing my head in,change my mind by the minute:confused:

like the look of the sanyo hd2000,but it seems the stabilizer is poor.

canon hg20 seems to get good reviews in low light,and overall.

my choice will probably change again but all help appriciated:lease:

I suppose it all depends on which feature is your main priority. If image stabilisation is key, then forget the Sanyo HD20000; if low light is most important, the HD2000 is one of the best. You may then want to consider the secondary functions and also the price. But the best is to try the camcorders out yourself to see if it suits your usage. Good luck. :)

like most people on here the choice is doing my head in,change my mind by the minute:confused:

like the look of the sanyo hd2000,but it seems the stabilizer is poor.

canon hg20 seems to get good reviews in low light,and overall.

my choice will probably change again but all help appriciated:lease:

I'm the same but I have been leaning towards the hg-20 as well more and more lately. I havent been able to find any decent reviews of the canon hf-200 but some people on here seem to be saying it isnt as good as the hf-100 or hg-20.
[Edit] actually that might have just been a thread i read where it was used in a high vibration env[/edit]

I also ruled out the sanyo hd2000 because of its poor stabilization.

Last edited:
I suppose it all depends on which feature is your main priority. If image stabilisation is key, then forget the Sanyo HD20000; if low light is most important, the HD2000 is one of the best. You may then want to consider the secondary functions and also the price. But the best is to try the camcorders out yourself to see if it suits your usage. Good luck. :)

totally agree with you.
problem is how can i try them out at home unless i buy it first?

Personally I dont think Sanyos low light performance wins the day compared to poor IS. Unless you will be using a Tripod a lot of the time, poor IS will rear its uglyhead very often

All camcorders love a lot of light and providing it is good.
However some which dont do as well in low light can be used in manual exposure mode to get a little more out of them

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom