Question Need help in Selecting AVR

Saqueb

Novice Member
Hi folks a newbie here and need some help, building a 5.2.4 system. Running HKTS 30 for front centre and rear while 2 pairs of Kef t101s for the ceilings. Kef gets integrated into ceiling well enough. Now confused for the avr, options considering are pioneer lx303, lx503 and marantz sr6013. All three are 9.2 powered but 503 and marantz provide options for 11 channel processing for future upgrade.

Need recommendations on that will suit best

gibbsy

I would pick the Marantz, or Denon, over the Pioneer as both those have a far better room EQ on board in Audyssey XT32. Pioneer now go with their own rather poor system. Pioneers are built like tanks, I own an LX500 player, but I would not pick one of their receivers over D&M. The Denon X6500 has 11 channels out of the box.

I've moved your question to AV Receivers and Amplifiers. You'll get more help there.

cmclean

Marantz SR6013 get my vote out of those

Nothing against the Pioneer but I like the EQ better on the Marantz, they pair well with KEFs from my experience

mushii

I own 2 x Denons AVRs and and Anthem AVR but will say that the Denons will sound slightly more 'laid back' than the Pioneer. That said I would choose either Marantz / Denon over Pioneer, also for all of the reasons that @gibbsy stated.

Russ_64

You could also consider the SR7013 if your budget allows. Bigger power supply if you plan to drive all 9 channels and the porthole display on 6013 is quite limited.

Saqueb

Novice Member
thanks all for the response and putting me on ease. Gone ahead with Marantz SR 6013.

@Russ_64 getting Sr 6013 for £699 which is why its in the consideration, 7013 is a stretch of another £800 which wont be sanctioned by mrs. :D

Russ_64

That’s a great price, still £849 on some sites. I paid £1259 for my 7013 but they are back at £1499 again! Hope you will be happy with it.