1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help in finding a cable

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by mattgs0, Mar 7, 2005.

1. mattgs0

mattgs0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My TV fell off the entertainment center with the coax cable stuck in, which in turn ripped the guts out of the coax connection on my 1 month old TV :mad:. Opposed to taking it in the shop and getting it repaired, I need to find an alternative to hooking up my cable.

I have a DVD player with A/V connection and my TV does as well.

Anyway I can hook up my cable using A/V red/white/yellow etc? My DVD player does not have a cable (coax) input.

2. Peridot

Peridot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +285
    Welcome to the forums mattgs0, and sorry to hear of your misfortune! You were indeed unfortunate as normally co-ax connections are as loose as the proverbial in a shirtsleeve!

Your TV and DVD should both have SCART connectors (21 pin rectangular one)?

When you say 'hook up your cable' do you mean cable tv (ntl / telewest)? You should be able to connect this via SCART also, either to a second socket on your TV (if it has one) or to red/white/yellow A/V inputs using a suitable cable.

Does this make sense?

3. Filbert

Filbert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +196
    mattgs0,

As Dermot says, use Scart if possible. By co-ax cable do you mean the aerial? All Sky/cable/Freeview boxs etc. come with Scart outputs, so use these if possible. Avoid connecting your using the Red/White/Yellow connections if possible. The Red/White connections are for stereo audio, and the Yellow for composite video. Composite video is the lowest quality of video you can send, so avoid if possible. RGB over Scart would be prefereable.