Need Help in chosing a TV

Abbas

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I've been following these forums for the last couple of days and I must say that there are a bunch of really professional and helpful people here who sometimes say things that I have no idea about.

I'm about to get my first TV. Unfortunately, I am amongst that small group of people who can spot the flicker on 50Hz televisions quite easily and get headaches after watching them for a while, so I'm guessing I should get a 100Hz TV.

Someone also told me to look for Progressive Scanning feature as it makes the DVDs look much better. Besides DVDs, I'll use the TV to play games as well as watch cable and VCR. I will also connect my PC to the TV to watch DVDs, play games or surf the net.

Now I'm from the Middle East and I've noticed that we have different models here than the UK/US. I notice a lot of you guys talk about 28" TVs but we have 29" TVs instead with almost similar specs. And my budget really wont allow me to buy anything higher than that.

The 100Hz televisions that are available here in 29" are Samsung, LG, Toshiba, Philips, JVC, Panasonic and Sony. There is a Philips model without Pixel Plus but that doesnt feature Progressive Scanning.

I would really appreciate any input/feedback from all you guys as well as recommendations on what to get and what to avoid.

Thanks in advance
Abbas

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom