1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help in buying dvd player! can you give me a hand?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Spacedog, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Spacedog

Spacedog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My current shortlist is:

- Yamaha S540

- NAD T512

- Denon DVD700

- Marantz DV4400

and i'm looking for more quality (superb if possible) in audio than in video.

Can any of you give me any sugestions?

I'm anxious to get my new dvd player but i want to make shure i buy the right stuff.

Thankx a lot!

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    Theres a Cambridge Azur model that sells for about £250 from richer sounds. Meant to be a very nice bit of kit. Certainly looks nice and will outperform the above models for audio cds (probably) and also do fine work for normal dvd replay.

3. Spacedog

Spacedog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, that Cambridge really looks nice!! A bit out-of-budget for me, compared to the other models. But i guess it should be better...

thankx for the tip!

4. Sigismund

Sigismund

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    Hi.

I bought a Limit DVD900SE, which is tuned by Cyrus, from the Powerbuy forum. It is excellent as far as audio is concerned - with perfectly adequate video performance... I'm more than happy :)

Sigs

PS they also do an 800SE, which is also tuned by Cyrus but is a little cheaper ;)