Need help identify a cable

Evokazz

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a silly post, but I have spent a couple of hours looking this up and come back with nothing lol, probably looking for the wrong thing.....

I have a BT Mango phone (black) and it comes with 2 cables that attach to the base, one is the Power Pack (plug) and the other plugs directly into the phone line......simple so far, kids have been messing and broken the cable that plugs into the phone line, so I need to replace it, again simple so far.....but theres a problem, the cable was always too short, so I need a longer one, about 10m would be awesome.

I managed to identify this connector as a RJ11 - Standard Phone Plug Cable I bought one from ebay, and it didnt work, so I was gutted, but on closer inspection the internal connections of the RJ11 part of the cable are completely differant from the one supplied with my BT Mango, on the Mango it has 4 Gold metal prongs inside the clear casing, the one I bought from ebay, which I am now told is a standard modem cable, only has 2 gold prongs......so what cable am I looking for??

Yeah but dont wanna order the wrong thing lol, apparently most UK wireless phones have these connections but nobody knows what they are lol.

Someone told me instead of looking for RJ11 blah blah just search for a standard telephone line cord would one of these work? the connections are the same but dont want to end up with another modem cable lol

OK tried 4 more variations of lead and none work, surely theres a name for this magic BT Mango wire????

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom