Need help how to connect Arcam A80 amp for 2.1 with Antimode

FargateOne

Standard Member
Hello,
I have a Panasonic BDT500 BD player and Antimode Dual Core 2.0. I have an Arcam A80 stereo integrated amp and 2 Bower and Wilkins 705 speakers and sub is SVS PC2000.
Dual Core can put lowpass and highpass filters and controls timing.
The idea is to use all this to get a 2.1 system (for music and cinema) with a crossover at 80hz for the sub and EQ it with Antimode.
Blue Ray will downmix all the film channels to stereo analog out.
I dont know if I can do that and, if so, how. I am afraid to make mistakes that could burn something ! Here the link to A80 owner manual:
http://www.arcam.co.uk/ugc/tor/diva-p80-power-amplifier/User Manual/a80p80_manual.pdf
And the link for AM Dual Core 2.0 owner manual:
http://www.dspeaker.com/fileadmin/datasheets/dspeaker/AntiMode20DualCoreEng.pdf
Thank for your help

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
If you have the BDT500 just send the sub output from your Blu-ray player to the line in on the Sub. Keep the stereo the same.

That should be it!

Regards, Shane.

FargateOne

Standard Member
If you have the BDT500 just send the sub output from your Blu-ray player to the line in on the Sub. Keep the stereo the same.

That should be it!

Regards, Shane.
Thank you, I should have noticed that I have sub out ou on the 5.1 analog out of my bd player!

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
If you can find a little mono amp then this should be fine. Musical fidelity and Pro-Ject Audio have a few small items available.

The only other issues I can see is getting the levels correct when using a passive sub as you will have no physical control.

You will be better spending your money on a second hand or cheap ex-demo active subwoofer.

It will enable you to gain control and use your player as an output for the Sub.

Regards, Shane.

FargateOne

Standard Member
If you can find a little mono amp then this should be fine. Musical fidelity and Pro-Ject Audio have a few small items available.

The only other issues I can see is getting the levels correct when using a passive sub as you will have no physical control.

You will be better spending your money on a second hand or cheap ex-demo active subwoofer.

It will enable you to gain control and use your player as an output for the Sub.

Regards, Shane.
I do not htink that mySVS PC2000 is a pasive sub. It has a seriuos amp (200w) in it

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
I've just had a look at the rear although the image is quite poor. There are four RCA phono to phono inputs. Are any of these a line in?

If so, use the sub out on the player and the line in on the sub.

I've found a better image and you can see that one of the inputs is an LEF and the other is a standard in. Use the standard input on your sub. Then make sure that your Blu-ray player is outputting it.

Regards, Shane.

Don Dadda

Distinguished Member
SVS PC2000 is an active sub

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom