1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help hooking up?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Asaf, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Asaf

Asaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi All,

I aplogize if this is not the best place for this question.

I recently purchased a sattalite dish for my house and have a digital box. The only outputs it came with are 1. Serial Port 2. RCA Video/Audio (Red, Yellow, White) 3. Regular Coaxial Cable inputs.

I am not sure if I am using the best setup for the best picture...? Currently I have the RCA used running to my TV. Does this make sense? Any ideas on getting a cleaner signal? I am trying to prepare for my 436 next month.

Also, I cannot seem to figure out how to hook my digital box through my Pionner VSX-915 and play video/audio along with my DVD hooked up. My DVD is set up through my 915 running S-Video since my OLD sony Trinitron CRT doesnt have progressive scan...it seems like the clearest picture I can get for my DVD at this time.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers Asaf

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +474
    if you only have a composite video connection (the yellow (the red and white are sound)) you'll never get a great picture.....you either need an amp in there that will up convert the feed or a different digi box with rgb scart out.

3. Asaf

Asaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Mep,

Thanks for your reply. Yes this is what I think. Do you know if my Pioneer VSX-915 can up convert? If so how would i go about hooking this up using my vsx?

Thanks,
    Asaf

4. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +667
    If composite is all you have the picture will always be naff, if it is a digital sat box it should have RGB or Component?

Upconversion is only likely to degrade the image even further.

5. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +474
    is it?...sorry never tried it......sounds like you need a new digi box then, though as Giz says it's very strange that you don't have at least a scart output