1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help getting a Picture from my DVD player to TV using Component(Tosh)

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Splinter, Jul 27, 2002.

1. Splinter

Splinter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, well my Tosh RP turned up today and I'm really chuffed with it, the thing looks great with DVDs and playing the Xbox is like being in an arcade :)

It's got a bit of a green blur outline outlining most things which i think is a convergence problem - anyone able to confirm that?

Anyway the main problem i'm having is I can't get my Toshiba 510 DVD player to show a picture on the TV through conponent video out. I've made sure the Y, Pb, Pr cables are matched up on both the player and TV.

I switch to EXT 4 on the TV and it just shows me a blue screen but with the audio from the DVD playing (audio's coming through optical).

Just wondering if there's something I'm missing, maybe a function in a menu. I assume all you do is plug the component leads in and switch to EXT 4, but it's not looking that simple at the moment. As always thanks for any help.

2. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    make sure video out in players setup menu is not set to rgb-just put it on s-video or video.

3. Splinter

Splinter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks mate! Can't thank you enough, thought it would be something simple like that. Now to get stuck into some Sopranos