• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Need help from you again!

Monarch

Distinguished Member
Hello again,

I've had a decent response whenever I've been asking on here before so I think I'll give it another go.

Basically I need to decide what to do for my A level music recital. 12-15 minutes need to be filled, standard of grade 6. I'm looking at the grade 7 level mainly, I can do grade 8 but have been looking at grade 7 to make sure that I can play it well. So, my question to you lovely people!

Anyone got any good songs I could play?

At the moment I've got 'Still Got The Blues' by Gary Moore on my list, I've learnt that, and it was an effort so I am playing that, and that's about 6 minutes, a bit more. I've also been deliberating 'Dark Mountain Side' by Led Zeppelin to get some variation of technique in there, but that's only about 2 minutes. So about 8 minutes all together, and in need of another 5 minutes or so. I'm also open to suggestions of songs which are 6-7+ minutes and I'll take out the Led Zep song.

Just to add it needs to be a 'balanced programme', which could mean any number of things! At the moment I'm going on using a variation of techniques, instead of a theme which I found difficult to really get into, any suggestions are welcome though.

Cheers,

and by the way, I'm a guitar player :thumbsup:

Monarch

Distinguished Member
Cheers for the response, I actually did the Davy Graham song for my GCSE performance, and now I can't do it for my A level one (I'm not sure if that's an actual rule or just my teacher though!).

The other one will go on the 'possibly list' but I think I need something a bit more challenging (unless you know what kind of grade that would be?), grade 7 would be ideal.

Seeker_UK

Established Member

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom