Need help from people in the know.....Pleeease :)

SirSmooch

Novice Member
Hi people basically my partner has told me i can upgrade our 6 yr old samsung tv which is both smartless and 3d-less. Of course i rubbed my hands together and jumped on the net to try and educate myself on the more current tech. I thought it would be easy, oh how wrong i was :(
I basically have a max of £700 and have been primarily ending up at richer sounds as they offer a 5yr guarantee with their sets. There is no one particular need i have as i will be using for a bit of everything ie: gaming,films occasionally in 3d (i was told passive is better), im not so fussed on the smart stuff but that almost seems as standard these days. 2 Models that caught my eye have been this Panasonic Panasonic VIERA TXL47ET60B | 47 inch 3D LED Smart TV 1080p HD Freeview HD | Richer Sounds or this LG LG 47LA640V | 47 inch 3D LED TV 1080p HD Ready Freeview HD | Richer Sounds which would be the recommended choice of the more knowledgeable people here to help me decide? or is there a better alternative within my budget to be had? Many thanks for reading in advance :)

SirSmooch

Novice Member
Bump! So guys, What say you about the choice of the above tv sets or is there a better deal to be had for £700 squids?

vickster

Distinguished Member
I'd take the Panasonic, looks great and for me, a far superior brand
They likely use the same panel so similar pros and cons

John Lewis give a 5 year warranty if you prefer

jesus123

Novice Member
if you're not too fussed about 3d i'd say the e6b 50 inch or 50 in 6 series sony. both can be had with a 5 year guareentee for around your budget :)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom