Need help for xeta processor

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by coalkid, Mar 10, 2006.

Tags:
  1. coalkid

coalkid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: Hello arcam owner's,
    I'm searching the remote control for the Xeta One or Xeta2, perhaps also the CR9000 could solve my problem.
    I have an arcam hifi (alpha 9 amp, alpha 8 cd, alpha 7 tuner, xeta2 dolby processor) for almost ten years. I admit my equipement is not up to date but I cling to it. The loss of my remote control for the xeta2 encouraged me to search a forum to exchange expierience with arcam products. Here in Germany older arcam products seem not to be wide spread ( I can't understand why). Yet the german customer service couldn't help me and I couldn't find german Xeta owners to adress to. Using the remote control of my arcam amp or the cd-player, I can control all the functions of the Xeta2 which can also be activated by the keys of its front panel, but without my original remote control I can't change the adjustment in the on-screen-display. This is nessecary to disable hall-effect and adjust delay time for the surround speakers. Therefore my questions to arcam experienced people: 1. Which remote control can manage the on-screen-display functions of my Xeta2?
    2. Where can I get this remote control
    3. I have an universal remote control which knows several manufacture's codes (of course not arcam) and can learn from other remote control. Is it possibel to enable it to control the Xeta2 ?
    4. My manuals mention the Philips RC-5 remote control protocol as standard for the arcam alpha devices. What does that mean, could that be a helpfull hint?

Sorry for my english, I hope for help, thanks! :rolleyes:

2. kishoo

kishoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi there,

I have had a dig around and have found an arcam remote, the Cr40.

This has been kicking around one of my drawers in the office for years.

If this could be of help let me know.

Regards

Kishoo

3. shernus

shernus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i owned a xeta 2 and kishoo's cr40 remote is the one that came with the xeta 2