Need help for a replacement

Spardy

Novice Member
Hi!

I bough the other day Hisense U7QT at John Lewis UK for 500 pounds.

To be honest, the TV is quite good with the image and HDR. However the motion is horrible, I do play a lot (TV is just used for this) and games have a serious ghosting image, specially in 30 fps games such as Persona 5 or Ratchet and Clank.

As I am not happy with this, I want to return it to JL and get a better TV, hopefully without motion problems if its possible. I got this two options, adding more money (up to 700 pounds)

Samsung Q60T
Panasonic TX-HX820B

Both on 50" as my room is very small (only 2 meters distance from the TV) and quite bright room.

Could you please give me an advise what to do???? Info about these models (specially motion) or any other TV suitable for gaming, I am completely lost.

Thanks

Dodgexander

Ghosting is a product of a slow VA type panel and will probably be the same with the two TVs you've picked out.

To avoid it either up the budget to a TV using a 120hz VA panel or consider buying a 49" model with an IPS type panel instead such as Sony or LGs 49" models within your budget. Avoid 50" as a size since its always VA type.

Cheapest 120hz VA panel sub 55" is probably the Sony 49XH85 series.

You could also consider returning the TV for a refund and keeping the cash since right now your money isn't going to go very far compared to Black Friday/Xmas season when all the good discounts hit.

Spardy

Novice Member
I might consider keep the cash for Black Friday if John lewis accept my return but I will have exactly the same problem, which one is a good model to choose? As I keep reading reviews but the problem is I read different opinions on the same TV that makes me doubt about who is "right". I purchased the Hisense because I read that the motion was alright. However it's not alright.

Dodgexander

One of the models I suggested in my last reply from LG or Sony.

They both have 49" models that use IPS panels which are better suited for less ghosting than VA.

As I keep reading reviews but the problem is I read different opinions on the same TV that makes me doubt about who is "right". I purchased the Hisense because I read that the motion was alright. However it's not alright.
When you read reviews and comments on motion its typically unrelated to gaming, but instead the handling of video content. It has nothing to do with the motion when you already send the TV 60hz and game in 30fps and let the console do the frame doubling. The Hisense motion is exactly that. Its 'alright' and no different from similarly specced TVs.

If you aren't happy with the motion, you are best searching for a TV with the specs I mentioned in my last reply. Either a 120hz VA type panel (possibly over budget) or a 60hz IPS one instead. You can read the pros and cons here:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom