need help finding where to connect to a wharfdale 32" LCD TV

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by jammyjamjam, Jan 12, 2008.

1. jammyjamjam

jammyjamjam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Guys, First poster here.

For christmas i got a Wharedale 32" LCD TV, model L26TA6A, and it;s on my wall as my pride and joy.

yesterday i bought a home theatre system but am having trouble connecting it all up to the TV?

I am looking for the audio outputs on this TV, but on the back the only labelled sockets are audio inputs. There are some audio sockets on the side of the TV but these aren't labelled either on the TV itself or in the manual.

i tried connecting each one to the subwoofer box thing, but neither worked. I connected my dvd to the subwoofer to check the thing actually works, and it does, but all i want is to be able to watch regular Tv and listen to it through my new system.

Am i even connecting it to the right sockets? if yes, would any of you know where to connect it to on this particular TV/if i need to change any settings?

Any help would be much appreciated, and thanks in advance to those who respond.

2. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,506
    Pricerunner states it has phono output but Argos etc. states it has a headphone socket, so if indeed it only has a headphone socket, you will need a 3.5mm to phono cable like these

3. alnwrd

alnwrd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
  4. Jamie

Jamie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,368
    I would imagine the side phones also have a yellow phono and/or svhs socket with them? in which case they are also inputs (probably AV3 or something)

Its sounding like your only option would be the headphone socket to phone as dave mentioned above

5. lowmans100

lowmans100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    If there is no audio out you could get a Scart to RCA cable and use the audio on the scart output from the TV.

6. jammyjamjam

jammyjamjam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok thanks guys ill try getting a 3,5mm jack to phono. and yes it does also have a yellow connection on the side of the TV and does look like inputs, and by the way the system is an acoustic solutions AS 122.

Thanks a lot for the help, i'll let you know how i get on.