need help finding gaming pc

JamesTFoxx

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm trying to pick out a gaming pc and here are a couple of the specs that i'm shooting for:

16g RAM
at least 500g SSD
I'm thinking an i7, or Ryzen 7 for processor

I'll be up front and say that I don't know a whole lot about computer jargon and the technical side of everything, and these specs are just common reccomendations i've found when researching online, so feel free to offer your own reccomendations. I'm trying to keep my budget around $1000 if possible.

One model i've seen online is here that i really like, but its out of stock, and i'm not sure where else I can find it.

I've also seen that this website called StackSocial has some pretty great options, including this, but I'm not completely sure if this website is legit, since its offering what seems to me to be a perfectly fine refurbished computer at a questionably low price compared to what it seems to be worth. If there's anyone out there who's used StackSocial before, please let me know what your experience what like.

much appreciated.

This is mostly UK forum so not sure whats the best deal in USA, but if your looking for a prebuilt PC that should be a safe buy take a look at the Dell G5 which is just slightly over budget.

That meets most of your specs bar the larger SSD, I would save up money for a 1TB drive then replace the internal 256GB, you can clone the drive using software like reflect but there are many others too.

This is mostly UK forum so not sure whats the best deal in USA, but if your looking for a prebuilt PC that should be a safe buy take a look at the Dell G5 which is just slightly over budget.

That meets most of your specs bar the larger SSD, I would save up money for a 1TB drive then replace the internal 256GB, you can clone the drive using software like reflect but there are many others too.
Problem with a Dell is often future expand-ability and cooling

This one really craps on the G5

I suspect with extra case fans and swapping the CPU cooler you could improve things.

This might be useful as a pointer as what to think about.

I'd be inclined to find a pre-built that lets you select the components. No idea what those firms in the US are. Linus Tech Tips probably have some pre-built reviews

Greg Salazar is probably worth looking at as well. This would give an idea of what goes into building a budget PC from scratch

I managed to build mine without to much of a problem about the end of February or the beginning of March although I did have to pay a couple of hundred pounds more than the GPU should have been (not scalped from Scan MSI Radeon 6800XT) Ryzen 5800X was about the MSRP though. Everything else was priced as expected.

Buildings ok if you can deal with the returns process should anything fail, for a lot of people its easier just to ring up and get it swapped out without having to try and run the gauntlet of the cpu supplier saying its the ram and they say its the mb and they suggest its the psu etc.

At the moment a prebuilt is probably the only way you'll get a system at a half sane price anyway.

I paid a little extra, about £15 called something like "protect the basket" that guaranteed 48 hour replacement of any component that was faulty or even if I damaged it no questions asked for 30 day's from purchase, l found that to be good peace of mind and well worth it.
I think that it is quite unusual to get a faulty part anyway but there is no harm in a little protection. :)

I know it's not Curry's or Argos and just outside your budget but it's a pretty good deal for £539.

Ryzen 4700U, 8 GB RAM (should have a spare slot), 512GB NVMe, wide viewing angle FHD display

Worth checking as a lot of corporate companies do employee Dell discounts.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom