1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help finding a Sub.

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by tan1415, Jan 4, 2003.

1. tan1415

tan1415

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking at a couple of Subs. Price is ranging from €uros 300 to €700. The biggest it can be is a Q100, smaller is even better.
    Hope some can help me.

Yamaha 320(€350)... cheapest option. Lowly rated by HCC, while What Hifi gives it 5stars. What gives? Is this the biggest bang for the buck?

Rel Quake(€399)...cheapest Rel. Not highly rated. Still nice size.

Yamaha(€599)...overblown numbers, but i don't really need 800 watts. How good is this sub?!?

Infinity HSP500(€599)...anyone familiar with this model? It has a 8" woofer and 500 watts. Are these numbers for real? Anyway how does this subwoofer compared to the Q150 and Yammy 800.

Rel Q150(€699)...top of the line in my budget. I loved the Q100, how does this little guy compare? Teh size is actually perfect? Unlike the Q100 this model doesn't seem to be a undisputed winner.

Hopefully you can help me with my choice.

2. Burt

Burt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a used Q100E for £265 and am absolutely delighted with it - I had the same dilema as you - not knowing what to go for. By all acounts the Q100 is a better sub than the new Q150 (You simply cant reduce the size of the cabinaet that much without something suffering) I would guess that to better the Q100 by a noticable amount, you would need to spend at least £700.

3. adox

adox
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    did you have any luck with your posts to uncle eric? the velodyne cht-10 is well within your price range, even converting to euro`s.