Need help finding a new 4K TV

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by andyb313, Sep 24, 2017.

1. andyb313

andyb313
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Guys,
    New to the forum!
    I am trying to find a new 4k tv budget is aroung £1000 . I was about to purchase the LG 55uh950v and then couldnt get one as richersounds ran out of stock.

I quite like the idea of 3D but its not a must. I would just like good quality HDR 10bit panel and not RGBW.

I was looking online at hisense ULED and read good reviews but have not seen any in person. looking for a 55" but would go to 50" if it was a wise move.

Alos i will be putting the TV on a tv unit so do not like the idea of the feet at the edge of the tv. would prefer them in the middle.

Can anyone suggest a suitable TV for me to purchase as i have looked at so many now but takes me a while to research all the specs

Many Thanks in advance!

2. SLS72

SLS72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    First of all avoid the LG. LG LCDs use IPS panels that have very poor black levels and contrast. If you want 3D then your only option is the Panasonic EX750 but that isn't a good HDR TV. Since you want good HDR your best option is the Sony XE90, no 3D though. Current prices are £1200 for 49" and £1350 for 55". It would definitely be worth waiting for the prices to drop as there is no other TV that will give you good HDR for £1000.

3. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,534
    The HDR ability on LG's LCDs isn't very extensive so you might have been lucky there.

It's difficult to tell whether the NU8700 is worth the money until it gets a professional analysis. HDTV test recently published a video on the larger NU9700 which had some good signs. If the NU8700 doesn't suffer from the same colour issues it could be great.

4. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,343
    You have to choose how much you favor 3D. Right now if you keep with 3D your options are going to be extremely limited.

Especially if you want Passive 3D.

Only 3D options you may still be able to find:

Passive:

LG UH950V - IPS type panel, better viewing angles, worse blacks and contrast..bad HDR, not really recommended unless you always watch TV with the light on or need wide viewing angles.

LG UH850V - Almost exactly the same as above, probably cheaper.

LG E6 and C6 OLEDs - Hard to find as they are 2016 models, also a lot more expensive.

Active:

Panasonic DX802 & DX750 - also 2016 TVs but aren't good with HDR

Panasonic EX750 - 2017 model but currently overpriced, no better than last years DX750 with HDR really.

Panasonic DX902 - 2016 model, capable HDR but hard to find now.

Sony ZD9 - A 2016 model and Sony are still making them in 2017 so availability is a lot better, very good HDR TV but also very expensive.

So really unless you can make compromises with HDR (or in LG LCDs also general pq) or have a large budget 3D isn't really viable anymore.

5. andyb313

andyb313
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thankyou! i just purchased the 55XE905 and love it!