Need Help finding a monitor

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Im looking for a Monitor to replace my 32" lcd,
I Watch a lot of movies sitting near and far, Ive been advised I should get a monitor instead of a tv, but i dont know what to get, I dont know much about monitors, I was hoping for something around the 30" mark, buy soon as i jump from 27" to 29" the price goes up by £200+

What model or make should i be looking at ?
What a good place to get the screens from ?
Price ?
Use it mostly general pc use, watching movies and some games.

Please help.

Ive been advised I should get a monitor instead of a tv,

For what reason? If you're happy with a TV currently then there shouldn't be many reasons why a newer one would be unsatisfactory.

Monitors are generally concerned with resolution, size is a secondary concern that more or less keeps pace with resolution to ensure things depicted end up more or less the same size on all (desktop) monitors. Big monitors therefore give you the ability to view more stuff at once rather than scaling the same image to a bigger size as big TVs do. This will be changing with the upcoming introduction with higher resolutions but the first wave hasn't reached sensible prices yet on desktop monitors so we can ignore them for now.

What's the source of your movies? In particular do you need to be able to plug in an external player and what sort of quality do you generally expect to be watching (DVD, Streamed/Broadcast HD, Blu-Ray, 4k etc.)?

The reason for replacing the tv is I will be giving it my grandfather, so I will need a new tv or monitor, it will be connected to a high end pc all the time, and will likely connect other HDMI products to if needed, xbox, PlayStation, sky box ext

So i may as well get a good one now, Its likely i will be keeping it for the next 2-3 years

movie resolution is normally HD or full hd, or online streaming

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom