Question Need help finding a decent coaxial cable for Freeview

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
Hi

I moved into a new house which has 3 aerials on one mast on the roof. There are cables going down the mast into the house. There is a wall TV socket in my bedroom and one in the living room. The TV (not HDTV) is fine concerning PQ in the living room. My problem is the Samsung HDTV keeps getting weak signal from the TV wall socket in the bedroom. I bought a better quality male to male cable but found out it was RG6. It still has the same weak signal issue. Sometimes it is ok, but sometimes it goes into a fit and get weak signal over and over especially with HD channels. I had to turn the TV off as it was just too much. I think it is getting affected even by traffic going past the house.

My humax PVR is showing 100% quality but 65-70% on signal strength.

I am still working out where things are going to be in the room, I need to try something better and a bit longer than the 5 metres I have just bought. I want to move the Humax PVR over a bit so looking at 7 metres and have the connectors already fitted. I would appreciate if anyone has any links to Wf100 cable with connectors. I use a right angle connector so it can go on the floor and behind furniture.

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
Nothing wrong with the TV. The aerial atm, is just connected to the Humax PVR so the TV only gets the HDMI from the Humax.

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
The same channels on the TV tuner play up which is not surprising when those channels play up on the Humax.

mushii

3 aerials on one mast is probably the issue. They will interfere with one another depending on configuration and spacing of the aerials. Unless you specifically need 3 aerials I would lose 2 of them and use a Loft Amplifier or diplexer to split the signals from one decent aerial that provides a solid downfeed.