Need Help figuring out my TV Problem

NSJesse

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello I've just joined this forum looking for help understanding what I'm seeing happen on my TV (and now other TVs).

I have videos that I took with my phone that would be the easiest way to show and identify my issue.
IMG_7892.PNG
This forum doesn't allow me to upload MOV files directly? What the easiest way to provide a video for someone that would hopefully help me show my video and help diagnose my issue?

These images below show split seconds of a flashing and flickering problem that occurs in motion. It happens from fast flashing and strobing lights on screen. Here it's the dancing light on the wall in Blade Runner. The video I have shows just how bad it gets, and its BAD! If I can not find a fix, I may consider returning the TV. It does not happen all the time, but I am seeing it more and more. This is on my LG CX77, but I have also had this issue on a Samsung Q90T and ALSO saw the same problem on 3 TVs inside best buy. WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?? How come I can't find anyone else thats seeing this issue?

IMG_7892.PNGIMG_7893.PNG
IMG_7894.PNG
IMG_7895.PNG

If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciated it! Thanks so much
Jesse

If you're seeing the same thing on two different TV technologies from two different manufacturers, then doesn't that imply its more likely to be something to to do with the content or source ?

A video would help - can you upload it to YouTube and post the link ?

If you're seeing the same thing on two different TV technologies from two different manufacturers, then doesn't that imply its more likely to be something to to do with the content or source ?

A video would help - can you upload it to YouTube and post the link ?
I'm going to upload a video on youtube later today when I can.

I have tried different players, different disc, different forms of content, and also seen the same issue on streaming content. I'm convinced it's the TV(s).

Thanks for reply MikeJ. Check back later will ya?

Can you give an example of where you've seen your issue on a streaming service ? Pick a common service that many will have access to like Prime or Netflix - find a movie or episode and an approx. time so that others can check for you.

Sorry - if that's the original Blade Runner, then it isn't available on any of the streaming services I subscribe to and I don't own it on disk.

Is the background supposed to strobe and flash like that or is there a fire illuminating the guy ?

To stand a better chance at someone being able to help, maybe find a similar problematic scene in an Amazon Prime or Netflix original program - something that more people will have access to, to compare ?

Last edited:
Sorry - if that's the original Blade Runner, then it isn't available on any of the streaming services I subscribe to and I don't own it on disk.

Is the background supposed to strobe and flash like that or is there a fire illuminating the guy ?

To stand a better chance at someone being able to help, maybe find a similar problematic scene in an Amazon Prime or Netflix original program - something that more people will have access to, to compare ?
Thanks MikeJ I'm gonna look on some streaming services as well. I did see little bit of the same issue on HBO Kong Vs Godzilla the other night. I'll be looking on some others platforms for examples this evening.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom