• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

need help DVD players

metin

Established Member
Hello All,

I recently wanted to purchase the lord of the rings trilogy and came across a thread about diff region DVD formats. Can someone explain the diff between Region 1 and 2 ?? also upon my investigations I found Region 1 to be considerablly more expensive, is this worth the diff?? up until know i was oblivious to these diff formats! I would be grateful if someone couls shed some light????

Thanks

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
Regions are split around the world.
1 = America (NTSC)
2 = UK, europe, Japan (PAL/Secam)
3-7 etc etc

Originally brought out so films could be lunched at different times around the world, that did not last long because most people either buy multiregion DVD players or one that can be modded by a few presses of the remote control (secret button presses etc.). See www.vcdhelp.com and select DVD hacks.

Y

yoshi123

Sometimes you get extras on the region 1 version, so just check that.

I've got a region free dvd player and it that plays all DVD discs specifically for that purpose.

They are pretty common place on the internet, if you're stuck you could try http://www.codefreedvd.com that's where I bought mine.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom