Need help dual-feeding LED stripes

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by The Owl, Aug 12, 2013.

1. The Owl

The Owl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and been reading it for a while, just found it a few days ago looking for some LED info.

I'm not really experienced neither I know that much about basic electronics and that stuff. I got into it because I wanted my bedroom to look cool so I installed some LEDs, now I need your help.

I have drawn the scheme of what I made so far, excuse the mess I made. :D

Let me explain you the drawing. These are 5050 RGB LED. On the top, there's 2.5m which are placed behind two monitors.

The stripes on the middle are the ones located under the desktop's table (60cm). And finally on the bottom side there's some stripes on my bed (1.75m).

As you can see there's some switches in case I want some of these to be off.

I have noticed when all lights are on, the LEDs located on the monitors lose some brightness, is that because they're on the last side of the circuit?

I was thinking about dual-feeding those strips but I don't know how to... I mean should I connect a positive from the very start of the circuit (after the RGB controller I guess?), but that wouldn't let me have a switch...

Well I'm lost, by the way I'll make some floating panels on the wall and maybe I'll need five meters more... In case I need an amplifier, where should I connect it?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. supraTTman

supraTTman
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +166
    You don't need to dual feed such short lengths and it wouldn't help anyway because the problem is voltage drop down the cable. Use 4-core 6A 0.75mm cable as the 'nerve' and tap into this nerve as required.

3. The Owl

The Owl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I see, I didn't know that, thanks