Need Help download and play xbox kb/s go down

Rafael87

Hello everyone . I have a problem with my xbox series x and one x. The problem lies in downloading and playing at the same time, before it could be done without problems, but since the last update I start to notice that my bandwidth when I open a game and download is reduced, as if I prioritized the game and not the download. there are several friends with this problem and it is very annoying. Also as soon as I exit the game and the download speed increases, I start playing and the download speed drops to kb/s. Thanks and someone who can give me some advice on the problem.

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
Hello everyone . I have a problem with my xbox series x and one x. The problem lies in downloading and playing at the same time, before it could be done without problems, but since the last update I start to notice that my bandwidth when I open a game and download is reduced, as if I prioritized the game and not the download. there are several friends with this problem and it is very annoying. Also as soon as I exit the game and the download speed increases, I start playing and the download speed drops to kb/s. Thanks and someone who can give me some advice on the problem.
I'm not sure that's a problem per se, it's by design.

If you go into your download queue, and if you have a game running, it will state to suspend the game to download faster. This is with any game running.

Happy to be corrected, but don't think there's anything you can do about it.

Rafael87

If you go into your download queue, and if you have a game running, it will state to suspend the game to download faster. This is with any game running.

hello friend thanks for answering, is that what is the use of bandwidth if I am not going to use it totally I want to play and download something that could always be done I do not know why this is happening or if it is an xbox bug, it is as if It will prioritize the game and not download it, you know, I would like to know if this happens to them, also open a game so they can see how the kbs go down

Lloydy92

What is your download speed when not playing a game vs when playing?

The Xbox is designed to throttle bandwidth when a game is running. My understanding is it does this to ensure adequate CPU performance for gameplay. My downloading speed when not playing a game is around 300mpbs, this drops to 35-40 when playing a game.

adbailey18

Distinguished Member

The Xbox is designed to throttle bandwidth when a game is running. My understanding is it does this to ensure adequate CPU performance for gameplay. My downloading speed when not playing a game is around 300mpbs, this drops to 35-40 when playing a game.
Similar, I'm on 200mb.

Downloads anywhere between 150-170, which drops to 10-40 when a game is running.

Plus need to take into account MS server demands etc, and connected devices in the home network.

Lloydy92

Similar, I'm on 200mb.

Downloads anywhere between 150-170, which drops to 10-40 when a game is running.

Plus need to take into account MS server demands etc, and connected devices in the home network.
This. Even with incredible internet, if everyone & their mother is trying to download the latest Call of Duty update (for example) it’ll slow to a crawl no matter what speed you can get.

Rafael87

Thanks for the comments, but it can't go down as much if the more games consume 1mb or 1.50 mb, which is equivalent to 100 kb/s or 150 kb/s playing online in multiplayer, don't you see that it's strange, I know I'm not going to be able to download the game to 200mb but if you check the files you will see that it downloads a lot and does not download anything, so what is the use of bandwidth if I am not going to use it to the fullest, things that I used to do perfectly before I downloaded almost to the half of my bandwidth and I could download at least 85 mb I can't do it anymore I have xbox for 2 years and it didn't do this to me I think it must be an xbox bug from the servers.

Rafael87

I don't have anyone connected only my xbox I have tried everything and it continues to prioritize the game even if it is singleplayer it continues to limit my bandwidth and it happens to more friends it is not just me

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
I don't have anyone connected only my xbox I have tried everything and it continues to prioritize the game even if it is singleplayer it continues to limit my bandwidth and it happens to more friends it is not just me
Doesn't matter if its SP or MP, it still limits the download speed.

See if any of this helps;

I honestly don't think it's a bug or a problem with the hardware though.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
It's by design. Nothing has changed since the release of the Series X. I believe they are looking to change it but for the moment that is how it works.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom