Need Help Designing Cinema in Bonus Room

ecutler6

Novice Member
Looking for some ideas on where the best place to put a screen and projector would be in my room above the garage.

I was first thinking in front of the window straight ahead but the ceiling at the top does not seem like it will allow for a big enough screen.

My next idea was maybe putting the screen on the right-hand side wall but not sure how that would work with the slop.

If anyone has any ideas or recommendations that would be great!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 7.31.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 7.31.27 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 57

RazerMouse

If that was my room, I'd use the entire length of the room, screen over window at bottom, or reverse if there is no window on opposite wall/not obstructed by a door. Projector ceiling mounted. In your left window bay, a nice unit to store movies?

ecutler6

Novice Member
If that was my room, I'd use the entire length of the room, screen over window at bottom, or reverse if there is no window on opposite wall/not obstructed by a door. Projector ceiling mounted. In your left window bay, a nice unit to store movies?
I like that! The only question is how would I mount a screen on the wall across from the window bay on left? Its angled so I am just not sure how that would mount.

RazerMouse

I like that! The only question is how would I mount a screen on the wall across from the window bay on left? Its angled so I am just not sure how that would mount.
There are various ways you could go, but personally if not sure/confident, go with an AV Installer local to you. He/she will advise you. Given angles, it might contrain you to a given screen size, but by looks of the room, you'll still get larger than your average TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom