Need help deciding....

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by MiamiX, Dec 22, 2006.

1. MiamiX

MiamiX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all, well this is my first post on these forums .. i come to u in need of help

i wanna get a home cinema system with dvd player for xmas and my budget is max £230 - £250 and i cant decide which system to buy

so far iv narrowd it down to these two

Panasonic SC-HT545W
    Sony DAV-DZ111
    Pioneer DCS353

iv heard good and bad reviews for both and i want to get the best value for money. I want a system with enough audio power to deafen me and enough bass to shake the house... you get my drift rite ;)

as long as the dvd player plays DVD/-+R/-+RW and has a decent picture quality then thats fine by me. if you have any suggestions of other systems that i aint mentiond that you think would suit or if you have any reviews of the systems above, if you shared them with me i would greatly appreciate it.

2. hulleyrob

hulleyrob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    First of all thats 3 not 2 !

The SC-HT880 seems the pick of the Panasonics from what i can see and is the only one in the range with the DPL processing chip from what ive read on here.

What about the DAVDZ210D that might be worth a look at the price but i cant get any information on the damn thing. I e-mailed one company selling it and asked for what input/outputs it had (as requests from people who own it on here have fell on deaf ears! Ironic really cos they wont need decent sound :devil: ) and was told they did not have this information. I mean they had the bloody thing in stock and they couldnt tell me if i could connect my AV equipment to it. Guess they would prefer me to spend £230 of my money to find out well not now.

Also the Samsung HTAS710 looks good.

These are just the sets that have taken my fancy but i think i will wait until new year now as i just cant decide.

Have a look at the ones ive suggested and see how they will work for you.

Rob

3. MiamiX

MiamiX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    one word... wow that panasonic u told me about is just,, well i luv it. its a little over budget but i think i can accomadate ;) as for the sony, i read somewere that the dvd player in the 1 u mentioned and the 1 i mentioned has quite bad picture quality with poor contrast and dull colours. i have narrowed it down to the two panasonics and the pioneer.

but i think ill wait for the sales in january before i hit the shops :)

4. hulleyrob

hulleyrob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yep im waiting for the january sales too (itcy wallet finger thow...)

I think im going to go with the samsung, i have a nice sony DVD player that looks good on my 32" LCD even thow its a few years old and doesnt upscale or anything. Its the sheer number of imputs that have me hooked on this choice.

I just need to make sure i can output all the mix of video inputs throught the HDMI port and im happy.

Glad i could help you change your mind LOL

Good luck and if you see any cracking deals after christmas post back, maybe you can change mine too !!!!

Merry Xmas

Rob

5. MiamiX

MiamiX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no prob rob :p

if i see any ill be sure to post em

well merry xmas k hope u find a decent system

6. Fistynuts

Fistynuts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The HT880 has an awesome sound for the price - however it has no optical audio in. Had I realised that before I bought it I would have got something else.

However if you're not bothered with that (and you really only would be if you're a gamer) then it's a great all-round system.

7. Phragzy

Phragzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +546

Or if you have Sky+ or Sky HD :)