Need help deciding which TV to buy

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by strrrike, Feb 20, 2014.

1. strrrike

strrrike
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for a new TV and am looking to spend between £350 and £500.

I'm pretty stuck on deciding whether to get the Sony KDL42W653 for the better response time, the LG 42LA620V for 3D and Smart TV at a similar price to the Sony, going low budget and getting the Samsung UE42F5000AKXXU or going full cheapskate and getting the £300 Toshiba 40L1353B.

I have a PS4 so my priorities are blur and response time, but I watch a lot of TV as well. Smart TV is useless to me but the best TVs all force you to have it. Does anyone know about how good each of the TVs I mentioned are? Do I have to spend on a Smart TV if I want a good picture and is the picture quality on the LG bad enough to sacrifice it's 3Dness in favour of another TV?

2. strrrike

strrrike
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also, how will the new models coming out soon affect the prices of 2013 ones?

3. strrrike

strrrike
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. vickster

vickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    Not a lot now, especially the short supply models like the Panasonic plasmas

The new ones will just cost more usually

Go for the sony, John Lewis have with 5 year warranty. I wouldn't by lg unless you specifically want 3d or Toshiba. And the 42"f5 series are less good than the 32, 40, 46 version due to panel used I believe

5. strrrike

strrrike
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you replied to me in the other thread I made in the LED section as well lol

After reading what you said about the Samsung I looked at the 46 inch version and it's cheaper (by a few quid) than the 42 inch W6. Would you recommend I get that over the Sony?