Need help deciding on which TV to get

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by strrrike, Feb 20, 2014.

Tags:
  1. strrrike

strrrike
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for a new TV and am looking to spend between £350 and £500.

I'm pretty stuck on deciding whether to get the Sony KDL42W653 for the better response time, the LG 42LA620V for 3D and Smart TV at a similar price to the Sony, going low budget and getting the Samsung UE42F5000AKXXU or going full cheapskate and getting the £300 Toshiba 40L1353B.

I have a PS4 so my priorities are blur and response time, but I watch a lot of TV as well. Smart TV is useless to me but the best TVs all force you to have it. Does anyone know about how good each of the TVs I mentioned are? Do I have to spend on a Smart TV if I want a good picture and is the picture quality on the LG bad enough to sacrifice it's 3Dness in favour of another TV?

2. strrrike

strrrike
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also, are the prices likely to change much after the 2014 models come out and when are they coming out? I don't want to spend £400 on a TV now when in a month or two I could get it for much less.

3. vickster

vickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    Prices may actually go up and rarely do popular 42" tvs go below £400

But from John Lewis, they retrospectively price match for 28 days if they or a bricks and mortar competitor reduce the price

The sony is the best tv. I don't rate low end lg, nor Toshiba, and the 42" f5000 samsungs are less good than the 32, 40, 46 versions