• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Need help deciding on system!

J

jafar

I don't know a whole lot about audio systems and was hoping someone could give me some tips. I currently have have a Kenwood VR505 Receiver, 2 floor standing Infinity Ref. 2000.4, 2 Bookshelf type speakers Infinity Ref. 2000.1, Infinity CC-1 for my center channel, and a Sony SA-W2500 sub. I'm trying to figure out where to put more money into this system at as I am currently not to happy with the sound. I know the sub is not the greatest but the speakers seem decent. I don't feel like my receiver is using my speakers to their full potential as I can't even adjust or calibrate anything besides volume (not even treble or bass!). All the sound modes seem like they are designed for music and not movies. I'm on a fairly tight budget and I'm looking at the Onkyo SR506 as it does have some HDMI inputs, it's 7.1, seems to get decent reviews, and the price isn't to bad. Would this receiver give me better results? Am I remotely on the right track here?

Thanks in advance!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom