Need help deciding on a 55 inch TV

willberj

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey, i am a student i watch 90% netflix. Some times i play xbox but nothing serious. At first i was planning to get a cheaper 55inch TV around 500 euro, but after a while of reading ive been leaning more towards a more expensive TV. In Sweden we have the Sony XH90 for 880 ish euro and the XH95 for 1080 euro. I was thinking if it is really worth the extra 200 euro for the XH95. I think i can get the XH90 and get a soundbar for 200euro or less instead of getting the XH95, or would you guys choose the XH95 and buy a soundbar later on? I dont have super much money so will take some months before i can buy a soundbar in that case.

//William

Boils down to HDR mainly. The XH95 is more future proof in the sense it will never let you down when using HDR material. The cheaper XH90 on the other hand is quite dim for an LCD TV, and will be too dark or washed out in some titles.

If you're viewing habits are similar to most people, its worth spending the extra on the XH95. If however you still predominantly watch content in SDR, both now and in the future go for the XH90.

Hey, i am a student i watch 90% netflix. Some times i play xbox but nothing serious. At first i was planning to get a cheaper 55inch TV around 500 euro, but after a while of reading ive been leaning more towards a more expensive TV. In Sweden we have the Sony XH90 for 880 ish euro and the XH95 for 1080 euro. I was thinking if it is really worth the extra 200 euro for the XH95. I think i can get the XH90 and get a soundbar for 200euro or less instead of getting the XH95, or would you guys choose the XH95 and buy a soundbar later on? I dont have super much money so will take some months before i can buy a soundbar in that case.

//William
XH9505 is better tv by far, as mentioned above it will display HDR content really well.

if you tend to keep TVs for a long time/want some future proofing, then XH9505 is the best option.

I think i will go with the xh90, since i mainly watch SDR content anyways. Do you guys have any tips for a all in one soundbar? (my room is small so i dont want a seperate bass) I want to be able to listen to some music and watch movies with it. Budget around 200 euro

I don't really know much about soundbars, but the above hopefully will help you.

What I will say is you probably want to consider speakers instead of a soundbar if you also want to listen to music. Soundbars are typically very thin, with next to no bass (that's why many of them come with Subs). You'd probably have to spend a lot more to get good bass from a soundbar, and even that is going to be no match for a good speaker.

I don't really know much about soundbars, but the above hopefully will help you.

What I will say is you probably want to consider speakers instead of a soundbar if you also want to listen to music. Soundbars are typically very thin, with next to no bass (that's why many of them come with Subs). You'd probably have to spend a lot more to get good bass from a soundbar, and even that is going to be no match for a good speaker.
My parents gave me some sony 7.2 high res receiver and then i found two old jvc speakers in the garage. I guess ill start with that. Better audio than the tvs speakers:)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom