1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help connecting Yam DSP-AX620/RXV620 to KEF HT2005

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Ewok, Jun 11, 2001.

1. Ewok

Ewok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me how the speakers are connected, I assume the speakers all connect directly to the amp and the sub directly to the amp (rather than some where all the speakers connect to the sub and then the sub to the amp) is this right?.
    Also what speaker wire will I need to connect the speakers to the amp, I am looking at getting QED Qudos silver anniversary or the standard QED (original/qudos) wire but will I need BiWire or single wire? And do I want banana plugs on both ends? I'm not sure if the yamaha amp has banana sockets or not but I think the KEF speakers do.

I assume will need 1 wire for each of the 5 speakers and 1 for the sub so I need 6 of them in total right?

Finally wheres the cheapest place to get the wire from? And do I need the silver anniversary or can I halve the cost and get the standard QED wire?

2. Ron Locke

Ron Locke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

The PSW2000 has the ability of driving 1 pair of satellites, this is OK for two channel applications. The ideal way to connect the satellites is via your existing AV amp/procsessor.
    Most AV amps now come with the same power for all channels so it makes sense to have the same speakers with the same power handling (achieving the same sonic response all round in the system).
    At KEF we deliberately steered away from giving you the ability to drive all the satellites from the subwoofer due to the ever changing surround formats and upgrades.
    We believe it is far easier to upgrade your amp than to upgrade the whole speaker system when merely adding more satellites will fulfil your future needs.
    As for cabling, Yes, I agree that the QED Qudos or even QED Micro will be an excellent but inexpensive cable to use with this system (we use both here at KEF with good results).

Enjoy the system !!

Regards

Ron Locke

KEF Audio (UK)