1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help connecting Yam DSP-AX620/RXV620 to KEF HT2005

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Ewok, Jun 11, 2001.

1. Ewok

Ewok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can anyone tell me how the speakers are connected, I assume the speakers all connect directly to the amp and the sub directly to the amp (rather than some where all the speakers connect to the sub and then the sub to the amp) is this right?.

Also what speaker wire will I need to connect the speakers to the amp, I am looking at getting QED Qudos silver anniversary or the standard QED (original/qudos) wire but will I need BiWire or single wire? And do I want banana plugs on both ends? I'm not sure if the yamaha amp has banana sockets or not.

I assume will need 1 wire for each of the 5 speakers and 1 for the sub so I need 6 of them in total right?

Finally wheres the cheapest place to get the wire from?

2. loz

loz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,796
    presume you havent got the stuff yet, so you havent seen the manuals.

The 2005's connect direct to the amp. Single wire. Banana plugs, or just bind the wires round the posts.

The sub connects via a line level - i.e. a phono plug type cable, not a speaker wire. There will be a sub out on the amp (I am guessing, I dont have a 620)

So you need 4 lengths of single wire speaker cable, and one phono cable long enough to go from wherever the amp is to wherever you put the sub.

3. loz

loz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,796
    sorry, Can't count.
    I meant 5 pieces of speaker wire.
    Forgot the centre

4. Ewok

Ewok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    right thanks, havent even ordered it yet, i wanna order the wire and the amp and speakers together so i dont end up with an amp and speakers i cant use for a while