Need Help Connecting Sony KDL-46W4500 to PS3/Sky+/DVD Player/to DAV-DZ660

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by A-Ali-1962, Feb 5, 2009.

1. A-Ali-1962

A-Ali-1962
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi to all.

I just bought a Sony KDL-46W4500. I also bought a Sony Home Cinema System, the DAV-DZ660 with it.
    Please could someone tell me how to connect all the components for my living room?
    I wish to connect everything to the Surround Sound Cinema, so I can get the best sound when watching TV, Playing PS3, and watching Blu-Rays/DVDs.
    I also realise that the Sony Cinema System comes with a DVD Player too, but I wish to keep the DVD player I have now as well, as it is region free. I don't mind connecting both though.

I need to connect:

1. The TV
    2. The Home Cinema System
    With:
    1. The PS3
    2. My DVD Player (and the Sony DVD Player if necessary)
    3. Sky+

I have heard about optical cables, but don't know a lot about them, any advice is gold.

Thanks!

2. attikawarren

attikawarren
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What DVD Player do you have? Does it have an optical out/ digital coaxial out?

You are going to need an optical splitter to get everything running into the 260. (such as TOSLink Switch - 3 Way Optical Switch Only £7.82 at TVCables)

Assuming your Dvd player has an optical out you could do the following:

Sky+, PS3 & Dvd player optical out into the optical splitter then run the optical splitter to the optical in on the 260.

If your Dvd player supports digital coaxial out, then simply connec that to the digital in on the 260.

As far as video goes, if you are not going to use the 260's upscaling Dvd player, you could connect the 260 to the tv by using either scart, component video or hdmi cables so you can access the set up menu's on the 260 via your tv.

hope that helps.

3. attikawarren

attikawarren
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, I didn;t realise you had the 660. Just checked. The connectivity is still the same as the 260 so all should be valid. :)