Need help connecting Sony Home Theatre System DAV-DZ560 & Iomega HD Multimedia Drive

M

meandyou

Hello and hope you can help! We have the following & need advice on connecting it all so that it all comes through the Home Theatre System:

SONY Bravia KDL-40V4000 40"TV
SONY DVD Home Theatre System DAV-DZ560
IOMEGA Screenplay HD Multimedia Drive 500GB
SKY Freeview Box

We tend to watch most things on the Iomega Multimedia Drive so it is important that we get optimal sound & picture for use of this fantastic gadget!
If needed, I can supply further information such as details of ports of the back of each piece of equipment but hopefully someone out there has the same set up & can assist!
Please help! and many thanks in advance.

davepuma

Distinguished Member
I did a quick google on those and it appears your HD box and H/C system have digi-coax, so you need a digital coax cable. I'm not sure if the H/C system supports audio from more than one external device. Maybe I'm getting confused with another Sony product but I'm sure it only supports one. Check your manual to be certain. If it does support multiple sources, if you wanted s/sound from the TV as well, you'll need an audio cable between the TV and the H/C system too.

joeking

Standard Member
If you haven't sorted the iomega sound output yet, you need a Audio Digital Coaxial Cable from the iomega box to the connection on the back of the Sony Home Theater box.
Works a treat.

A Fisual Digital Coaxial Cable from w*w.audiovisualonline.co.uk costs about a fiver.

I'm assuming you have the sky box and home cinema already working ok.

If not, e-mail me and I will give you full setup info.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom