1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help connecting Plasma, Sky & Amp

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by KatherineB, Apr 4, 2005.

1. KatherineB

KatherineB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am a complete technical novice & have just purchased a plasma TV, DVD and amp as extras in my house purchase. Moved in over a week ago and still can't get TV working !

I have:
    Plasma TV : Panasonic
    Amp : Harman/Kardon AVR 3550
    DVD : Harman/Kardon DVD25
    Sky digibox : with Scart (no S-Video)

All cables are built into walls so not really an option to change current cabling. Everything routes through the amp. Plasma connects to amp via S-Video connection. DVD/amp/plasma is working fine, but I can't get Sky connected.

Previous owner of system recommends I connect from Sky to amp using S-Video connection (which I don't have on my Sky box), if I try to connect via Scart then complicated programming of the amp is required (I have tried and failed).

Can anyone suggest an alternative approach? At the moment my only option seems to be to buy a new Sky box with an S-Video connection, which I would rather not do.

Thanks !

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    ok fairly simple where in uk are you?
    what you need is a black box to convert the RGB output of sky to an input on AMP (to use amp for switching either a JS technology RGB>S-video box (£75) or RGB>YUV box(£150) or Sky+ which has S-video output, RGB>YUV (component is best for PQ)

3. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    have you seen these?

This would allow you to use scart out of sky and vga in on the plasma (this is the pc type input (15 pin d-sub)).

4. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    horny beat me to it :)