Need help connecting PC to plasma

ohmforce11

Standard Member
Hello,
I own Samsung PS42Q97HD 42" plasma. I bought dvi to hdmi cable, plugged it in and put the hdmi channel on the tv. I configured the "clone" option and 1024x768 60hz on both tv and pc monitor in Nvidia control panel, but unfortunately the tv shows a black screen.
Note: the plasma is being recognized by the PC as "samsung".

What can i do about it and what did i do wrong? please guide me how to do that.

THANKS!!!

YellowSphere

Try outputting 1280x720. The HDMI input probably only accepts "video" resolutions.

ohmforce11

Standard Member
It's not working, still black screen. I think it's my fault for not setting the control panel properly. Can you please help me with it?
This plasma model is quite popular to I assume I'm not the first one trying to do that.

Thanks

seru

Standard Member
It's not working, still black screen. I think it's my fault for not setting the control panel properly. Can you please help me with it?
This plasma model is quite popular to I assume I'm not the first one trying to do that.

Thanks

You have to put it in dual view not clone. You will see your extended desktop(no taskbar) on your plasma and you will have to drag your player window on the plasma.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom