Question Need help connecting 4k TV, Yamaha Receiver & PS4

Xenocea

Standard Member
Reaction score
I recently bought the Yamaha RX-V681 receiver & been spending the whole day trying to connect my it with my 4K OLED B6 TV and PS4 Pro together.

I tried running one HDMI cable from the ARC/HDMI from the tv onto the ARC/HDMI slot on the receiver.

The second HDMI cable from the PS4 into the receiver. Doing this I do get proper 4K HDR display reported from the PS4 display info but the problem with this configuration is I cannot get proper true lossless 7.1 surround sound, with the audio instead outputting to only stereo setting via the PS4's HDMI Linear PC setting.

I then tried connecting the second HDMI from the PS4 directly into the receiver instead. In this configuration I do get proper 7.1 surround sound but the video display would keep cutting in and out every few seconds or so. Sometimes blank screens and even small dots of artifacts especially when running a game in HDR mode.

I'm at my wits end here, does anyone know what could be the issue here?

I tried testing out other hdmi cable still the same results.

All HDMI cables are 4k HDCP 2.2 HDR verified.

You could try manually setting the resolution in PS4Pro settings don't leave it to automatic, set resolution to 2160p - YUV420.

The receiver may have an issue passing through the video to the TV assuming the PS4Pro works fine when directly connected.

According to the forums HDMI ARC doesn't support PCM 7.1 audio which is why that doesn't work, so you have to get pass-through working or look at some kind of audio extraction/HDMI clone output to feed into both.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom