Need help choosing one of these 5 65 inch TV's

colkav

Novice Member
Reaction score
hi all We've decided to upgrade from our 8 yr. old 55 inch sony kdl55w905a to a 65in. that can use the latest in picture tech. after spending a week brushing up up on the latest info on this fantastically informative forum i have come up with 5 choices which i just cannot choose between at the moment. the tv's are 3 Oled Sony 80j LG C1 and Panasonic jz 1500 (may need to drop to jz1000) one LED full array Sony XR x 95j and one QLED Samsung 94A, as i say all 65 inch. the tv is in a corner with window to right which gets sunny in the evening but we close the blinds when this happens. we have the full virgin tv package for hd and uhd and also netflix so most viewing is in these formats. our top picture priority is football then films and series on netflix. onthe tv we have at the moment there is reflections of the room on dark scenes which i would like to improve on if possible (it's a glass type panel) we hope to choose the screen burn warranty from john lewis for the oleds which is why we may need to drop down to the jz 1000 as the jz 1500 is not in stock here. price is not really an issue, suitability for content and room is priority. we have not viewed any tvs in any outlets at the moment. thanks in advance for any help you can give me in choosing. Colin

Reflection handling on all the TVs you mention is good, but the Sony and especially the Samsung LCD TVs will be better if you plan to not control the light in the room at all.

The Panasonic JZ1500 gets brighter than the other OLEDs so would be a good compromise.
Screen burn insurance is only useful for people who know how they use the TV will induce screen burn.

If your prio is motion in football above all else go for a Sony, be it OLED or LCD.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom