Need help choosing beweetn 3 TVs in my budget

traw0r

Novice Member
Hi there,

I'm looking into these three TVs, which one would be better?

HISENSE-55U8GQ - 620 €

PHILIPS 58PUS8506-12 - 660€

Sony 55X81J - 770€

I'm using the TV for like two hours per day on average for like sports,youtube and netflix.

Those are the prices where I live, would Sony be worth the extra 100+ euros and should I be looking into something else in the 600-770€ price range?

Thx

Dodgexander

Probably the U8G, but usually its a TV I only recommend as a last resort. It's actually better value for most people to look at TVs in my guide instead like the Sony X90J, Samsung Q80A or even TCL C825.

traw0r

Novice Member
Probably the U8G, but usually its a TV I only recommend as a last resort. It's actually better value for most people to look at TVs in my guide instead like the Sony X90J, Samsung Q80A or even TCL C825.

I've been looking at your list now and saw it.

The EU version of Q80 is meh, and X90j or the varation X93J is 200 euros more than my budget right now.

What is your opinion on the Phillips btw?

Thx

Dodgexander

I won't recommend cheaper models due to their inability to handle HDR properly.
Q80A is superior in Europe to America's. Uses a VA type panel here, IPS there.

If the TVs in the guide are out of budget it's really worth just holding on and buying a better TV later, there's no value in cheaper models at all.

Last year's Hisense U8Q or even U7Q are arguably better TVs than this years U8G.

traw0r

Novice Member
I won't recommend cheaper models due to their inability to handle HDR properly.
Q80A is superior in Europe to America's. Uses a VA type panel here, IPS there.

If the TVs in the guide are out of budget it's really worth just holding on and buying a better TV later, there's no value in cheaper models at all.

Last year's Hisense U8Q or even U7Q are arguably better TVs than this years U8G.

Oh sorry I've miss read that the Q80a is not VA in Europe. I think I saw a Q80A for around the same price as Sony X81J around 770 € so I'll rather get the Q80A instead of the Hisense.

Croftona

Novice Member
Q80A is £599 from Samsung courtesy of the code elsewhere on the forums. Thinking of getting one 👍

traw0r

Novice Member
Yes, that Sony X81J is very overpriced. Samsung Q80A is much more TV for the money.

I bought the QE55QN95A in the end, I found a great deal on it.

Its the version with the connector box, can i put that box inside of a tv stand in a drawer or does the box has to be in the open because of cooling maybe?

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom