Need help choosing between LCD and Plasma

Slayer33

Standard Member
First thread here :)

I'm looking to replace my 5 year old 60Hz 40" Sony Bravia LCD with an LG HDTV and am looking for some buying advice.

I got a LG 50PK250 plasma last year and I love it, but that TV is in my basement where it is fairly dark.

The location for the new TV will be above my fireplace in my main floor living room. There are windows about 8 ft to the right of the TV so there is some natural light getting in during the day. I do have blinds and curtains that can block it out.

I need some help deciding between 3 LG models, I have been given some mixed advice from my local electronics shop and am a bit confused now as 2 sales men had differing opinions. My main concern is glare from interior lighting, I know with my plasma in the basement if I have the lights on in the room I can visually see the light fixture on the screen which is annoying to me.

The 3 models I am looking at are 47" LCD LG 47LK520, the 50' Plasma LG 50PV400 and the 47" LED LG 47LV4400.

The LCD and Plasma are very similarly priced at $650 CDN and the LED $100 more at $750.

I'm not sure it is worth the additional $100 for LED, but am open to opinions.

This TV will be used for 40% standard definition tv, 40% HD tv and 20% blu-ray movies. No gaming...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom