1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Choosing an MP3

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by NeedHelpWithMP3, Feb 18, 2005.

1. NeedHelpWithMP3

NeedHelpWithMP3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am in desperate need of help, I have been looking at the larger memory MP3 players for ages now and cannot decide which would be best, I have my eye on the Sony NW-HD3, iRiver H120, Philips HDD120 or maybe even the Samsung YH120. I have heard the Sony has a hiss, and that the iRiver is slow to start songs or even switch on, and have only just started looking at the philips and samsung in order to broaden my options. I am not really interested in the ipod due to battery duration. Anyones help would be gratefully recieved!! HELP!!

2. lexxuz

lexxuz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go for the SONY NW-HD3 you'll love it! good sound quality, the volume is not very loud but i understand it can be tweaked which i haven't figured out yet. I've got a black one and i'm happy with it. Go get it .

3. raylogic

raylogic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

It may be a case of the longer you spend looking and researching the harder it will become to chose a player.

I spent an evening searching the web (and consuming beer) and eventually decided upon the Zen Extra 60GB model. I paid £200 and got it within 36hrs of placing the order.

During palcing the order and receiving the unit I read posts on support forums for it & was quite concerned as a lot of people seemed to have problems getting it to work, this was a bit worrying (i am a pc newbie)!!However - 3 days later I have ripped a number of cds to it & have not had a single problem (phew).

I think what is probably as important as the model you chose is

- ripping software
    - compression
    - headphones

creative.com have a good selection of players, as far as headphones & ripping software goes I am on the search (although to be honest the standard software with my unit seems fine).

Just jump in is my opinion, lifes too short!!

Best of luck