Need help choosing an av and extra speakers for atmos build

dejazvu

Novice Member
HI everyone, I would like to see everyone opinion on adding the two ceiling speaker on top of my old bose acoustimass 10 series V system (5.1) and a good receiver for a decent Atmos experience at home. Not looking to replace my bose Acoustimass 10 cause i got it just 4 years ago and barely use. thanks in advance

gibbsy

Welcome to the Forum.

First can we establish where your current speakers are positioned as this will make the choice of speakers easier. A diagram of your room with the speakers currently in use would be a great help. As for an AV amp the entry level models will have the ability of run a 5.1.2. The more you pay the more channels become available.

I don't know how hour Bose would fit into a build with an AV amp doing the work.

dejazvu

Novice Member
Welcome to the Forum.

First can we establish where your current speakers are positioned as this will make the choice of speakers easier. A diagram of your room with the speakers currently in use would be a great help. As for an AV amp the entry level models will have the ability of run a 5.1.2. The more you pay the more channels become available.

I don't know how hour Bose would fit into a build with an AV amp doing the work.
the bose is currently use as a 5.1 system at ear level. I been reading and I think if I add 2 ceiling speakers with a new atmos compatible receiver it can run 5.1.2 in atmos ?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Must be something in the air with folk looking to upgrade BOSE systems this week :)

The BOSE Acoustimass speakers are designed to work with a BOSE base station and are far from an ideal to partner with a conventional AVR (Atmos or otherwise).

Better to decide you want to move away from BOSE and if budget dictates start out with an AVR + Front LR speakers and build from there as budget allows.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom