• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Need help choosing a new Touchscreen Car Stereo

likwidsolutions

Standard Member
So the I like the car stereo I have now (Sony MEX-BT5700U). It has a lot of features that I love like a USB port for my iPhone and other devices along with bluetooth which I prefer when I have a full battery charge; it also has an external mic for handsfree which I like (but not the best quality). It's also satellite ready and has an aux port which I never use. The reason I prefer using bluetooth over the USB is because when it's connected via USB I have to choose the music I want to play on my stereo, and it's interface for that isn't the best.

So I've been wanting to upgrad to a newer stereo. Here's what I want out of it: Bluetooth streaming for my iPhone, A USB port, touchscreen, GPS navigation (either one that uses my iPhone's GPS or one that has it built in, but NOT one that I have to pay an extra monthly fee for the service). I want something that also lets me play video from my iPhone (from Apps like Netflix, Goodplayer, AirVideo, etc) or let's me play .avi or .mkv video files from a USB drive. I realize that using the GPS and playing video is illegal, and I am willing to use a bypass relay to get around that, I just want suggestions on a good stereo that can do all these things and interface well with my iPhone. Also handsfree microphone is a plus.

I don't want one of those kinds that pops out when you use it and then goes back inside when it's not in use. I want one that just sits there open faced always.

My price range is anywhere between 400-700, but I would prefer to spend around 5-600.

A few things that are optional for me: DVD player (I would love one that can play raw .avi or .mkv files). Aux in port. Those things aren't necessary. Also a USB port isn't necessary if it has an iPhone/iPod cable coming out of the stereo.

Thank you in advance for any help you might give and for the suggestions on stereos.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom