Need help choosing a new Smart TV?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Marcus96, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Marcus96

Marcus96

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hello, our previous TV (a Philips 37pfl7662d) failed on us, and now we are looking into buying a new TV. We are looking for a TV in the price range of £450 to £600. There are two things here, It has to be a Smart TV and needs to have good sound quality as somebody in the household is hard-of-hearing. I have stated 3 TV's that I have come across so far here:

1. LG 42LM620T (£579.99) - This is a good 3D smart TV, good picture/sound quality.

2. LG 42LS575T (£479.99) - Same as the LM620T but without the 3D.

3. Samsung EU40EH5300 (£454.99) - Looks a good 2D Smart TV aswells.

Which of these TV's would you go for. I am an "Avid Gamer" who plays allot of GT5 aswell as some other good games like it. I like the sound/idea of the Dual-Play function on the LM620T and would love to try it and the 3D is something that I feel is nice to have also, just for the future.

So, out of which of these TV's would be a good idea to go for?

2. ovbg

ovbg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    To answer this question better, we need to know what you want out of the Smart side of your Smart TV.

Do you want access to BBC's iPlayer, ITV, Demand5 and possibly 4oD? Or does this not bother you at all?
    Do you want access to Netflix or Lovefilm?

Maybe you are an expat and want access to content from your home country? Or maybe British but want American apps for the latest US episodes?

Do you want none of the above, but want to access content saved on your computer or NAS?

Maybe nothing above sounds interesting to you and then you probably don't need a smart TV. Maybe you want it all?

3. Marcus96

Marcus96

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    OK, thanks. I have done my research and I took the plunge on the LG 42LM620T. Can't wait to use it, looks very good!!!