1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help choosing a LCD TV! Moving house!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Chris.B, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Chris.B

Chris.B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :hiya:

Hi all, I am moving house in 5 days, and I need to choose a LCD TV for my bedroom, I would like it to be between 23"-26", my budget is £650 (No more!).

I have tried to look at LCD TV's in my area but they are so expensive in places like Currys, looks like I will have to take a risk and buy one online, I like the "Hitachi 26LD6200" but I havent seen any reviews: http://ws4.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=HITA-26LD6200 does anyone have this monitor? I might be able to drive to Richersounds and view it, if they have it in stock.

I dont know much about LCD TV's, so I have a few questions, some of my friends say I should run it from my PC via DVI, I have a 256MB 6800GT video card, is this a good idea running my TV via DVI from my PC? And I take it this means I have to leave my PC on when I watch TV?
    Also, if I buy the Hitachi 26" from Richersounds does it support DVI, and will it come with a DVI cable?

Sorry for all the dumb questions, but as you can see, I hardly know anything about this! :(

Please reply a.s.a.p!

Thanks

Chris. :lease:

2. Chris.B

Chris.B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone? :lease:

At the moment my favourite is the Hitachi! But I dont really understand DVI, someone please help!

3. mickbarlow

mickbarlow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7