1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help choosing a decent crt monitor

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by matmum, Nov 28, 2004.

1. matmum

matmum
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi

i would like to upgrade my current crt monitor (formac pronitron 17/200) to something a bit larger and better quality but i am unsure what one to go for.

i have a budget of only £200 and am really after one thats 19"-21" in size. it needs to work well with graphics and gaming.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

cheers

2. Yandros

Yandros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +531
    I've always been a fan of the Diamondtron tubes, used by Iiyama and NEC/Mitsubishi. The Iiyama Visionmaster Pro 455 is roughly the right price for you at £222 inc VAT. I'd also consider the NEC Diamond Pro 930 SB which is usually regarded as the better of the two, but that might be over your budget (£276 inc VAT). Both 19" and to be honest probably represent the pinnacle of CRT technology, since all R&D is going into the LCD market now.

Incidentally, I bought the 21" Iiyama recently for the office, and I actually still prefer clarity of the 19" version - the 21" has poorer focus IMO.

3. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    I have both a 21'' Iiyama and a 19'' Trinitron. Both are superb however i'd say the Trinitron tube edges it. Pity there is little value in them as used monitors, they cost a small fortune when new :eek: