1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help - cheap, hard button remote advice

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by dmjohnson123, Jun 27, 2004.

1. dmjohnson123

dmjohnson123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Sick of replacing batteries in my 1 year old Kameleon 6 remote.

Looking for a (£20-£30) hard button replacement remote capable of operating my:

JVC 28" widescreen TV
    Pioneer 454 DVD Player
    Thomson 1000 freeview box
    Old Aiwa VCR
    Sony STR-KSL5 Home Cinema Amp

I've had a look at the Sony RMV402T but not sure if a "pre-programmed" remote will do the job. This can be found here - http://products.sony.co.uk/productdetail.asp?id=14_3_6018

I'm not particularly bothered about the remote learning all the obscure functions for all my devices as long as I can "change channels and adjust volume" for them all.

Any advice would be appreciated - Anybody used the Sony RMV402T ?

2. dmjohnson123

dmjohnson123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Just bought a one for all 6 - URC-7562, which is working all my kit as I need.

It is uglier than the kameleon but I am hoping it won't need its batteries recharging every 5 days !

3. nibb

nibb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Why didnt you clip the motion sensor wire?

I did this on my kameleon 8 and the batteries now last about a month at least!

Its now activated by pressing anywhere on the screen.

Neil

4. stlic

stlic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks for the URC-7562. I did try this remote but just couldn't get used to the layout of the buttons. It just didn't feel natural to me, particularly why using Sky.

I've actually ordered the Niveus Onebox USB which is resonably priced ( £37 inc shipping/VAT) and has RF for PC too. i currently use a remote wonder for my PC and am hoping the drivers will work on this X10 remote too.

5. The Robman

The Robman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you like the look of any of the US models of One For All remotes, I sell some of these quite cheaply and can ship them to the UK for $9 via Global Priority Mail. To use a US remote in the UK you would also need to get a JP1 cable so you can program it to work UK devices that are not covered by the US database, so read up on JP1 beforehand to see if it's right for you.