Need help changing my physique

SteidG

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Berghuis and I live in the Netherlands. Im a male, 22 years old. I hope my English is enough for you guys to understand the problem.

I currently have a good physique but its not what I had in mind. Unlike others I overtrained my chest and I think its too big compared to the rest of my body. I want to grow the rest of my body but I know that my chest will be too big even if I train the lacking parts.

I posted 2 pic. 1 is the footballer names Marcos Llorente. This was the physique I was searching for: big arms and traps and a small chest. Because I dont like a big chest. The other pic is my chest. Its not a clear picture but just keep in mind: my chest is too big and I want it smaller.

Now Im currently 4 weeks out of the cutting period and Im eating around 2300 calories a day to maintain my weight.

But what I want is too make my chest smaller. How do I do that? My friends told me its impossible. If I dont train my chest at all Im afraid my chest is gonna be like men boobs instead of a muscular chest.

The questions:

1) is it even possible to un-train my chest?
2) how long is it gonna take for me too do that and
3) what do I need to do exactly?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• db26ca6ab1bff1904ccc91a596a63d25.jpg
    db26ca6ab1bff1904ccc91a596a63d25.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 20220622_164304.jpg
    20220622_164304.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 49
The shape of your chest is in part determined by your genetics. If you stop training it directly the muscles should atrophy to an extent but they may never be a flat as you might like.

You could drop bench press, dips, flyes, pullovers and pushups in favour of the overhead press, providing your shoulder health and mobility permits it. The pecs will be indirectly worked during overhead exercises as the pecs will help stabilise the shoulder but the pecs shouldn't be over stimulated.

The famous Chinese weightlifter Lu said he doesn't bench press (and rarely overhead presses) and he has a flat muscular chest. I'm not saying to copy his training, just that you don't necessarily have to "train chest" to have a good looking chest. Staying somewhat lean should help prevent the man boob look.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom